Special Issue Chemical Ecology
Contribute to the new special issue "Chemical Ecology"
| von Christine Beemelmanns
I cordially invite you to submit your exciting and original research to be published in the thematic issue “Chemical Ecology” in the non-profit, peer-reviewed journal, the Beilstein Journal of Organic Chemistry (BJOC).
As you are well aware, microbes are outstanding producers of structurally diverse natural products, which serve as communication signals amongst microbes and/or between the microbial producer and a non-microbial host.
The underlying biosynthetic pathways are often intertwined with complex cellular regulatory mechanisms to orchestrate the production levels and cellular responses related to these highly bioactive molecules.
This thematic issue “Chemical Ecology” aims to reflect recent advances in field of natural product chemistry with a special focus on (new) natural products from microbial symbionts and/or symbiotic interactions, and insightful studies on their ecological functions, biosynthesis and evolution.
The articles within the topic series may cover:
1) the identification and characterization of natural products from defined symbiotic microorganisms;
2) synthetic approaches towards microbial natural products serving as chemical communication signals in combination with ecological test, and
3) targeted analysis of their biosynthetic pathways to enhance structural diversity and an understanding of their biosynthesis.
BJOC is a platinum open access journal that is fully funded by the Beilstein-Institut. All BJOC articles are
- permanently open access
- peer-reviewed to high standards
- archived and indexed in all major repositories, search engines and databases
How do you profit from publishing in BJOC?
- retain the full copyright to your published article according to the Creative Commons Attribution License 4.0 whereby you may reuse, distribute and reproduce your content in any form (e.g. figures)
- no publishing costs or fees
BJOC began publishing thematic issues in 2007 and has had great success to date. The articles of this thematic issue will appear together on a dedicated webpage and will be individually published in the regular journal stream as soon as they are completed.
How to Submit
The submission deadline for this thematic issue is June 30, 2020. We would greatly appreciate it if you would let us know via e-mail by April 15th, 2020 whether you intend to submit a paper, and if so, in which format (Review, Research Article or Letter).
To submit your article, please upload it directly to the Beilstein Publishing System at https://www.beilstein-journals.org/bps/ and ensure that the submitting author includes the following information in the cover letter:
Thematic Issue: Chemical ecology
Corresponding Editor: Christine Beemelmanns
Please find further information on the submission process at www.beilstein-journals.org/bjoc/submissionOverview and do not hesitate to consult the Beilstein Journal of Chemistry Editorial Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have questions regarding submission and processing of your article.
Best wishes and stay healthy,